working at dhanakosa
We are looking for one person to join our working community in 2020. We are looking for someone who is:
- A member of the Triratna Buddhist Order or has asked to join the Order, and actively engaged as such
- Able to commit to community living and team-based right livelihood
- Able to contribute experience or ability in the following skill sets / areas:
- Practical skills (DIY, maintenance, grounds work, small scale building skills etc)
- Able to demonstrate initiative and skills in managing and developing smaller practical projects.
For more information please see the job description.
Furthermore, for younger Order members there may be an opportunity to develop retreat leading and teaching skills as part of your brief – if you are interested in this area, please contact Nayaka to discuss it.
All team members must be physically fit, and hold a current UK driving licence.
The position is open to people of all gender identities.
The support package includes accommodation, a cash payment, and benefits in kind equivalent to the National Living Wage. Additionally a retreat allowance is available, NI contributions and contributions to a pension fund are also made.
Applications will be reviewed monthly until the place is filled or withdrawn. A community stay and interview will be part of the selection process for short listed applicants.
Final appointments are made by the Centre Director after consultation with the community and a representative of the trustee group.
If you wish to discuss any areas prior to application, please contact Nayaka at: firstname.lastname@example.org